Mehmet GÜLER, MD. Associate Professor of Surgery
Date of Birth: 01.02.1969 Languages: Turkish, English
Özel Medicalpark Antalya Hastanesi,
Fener Mah. Tekelioğlu Cad. No:7
-Board Certificate in Surgery, Turkish Surgical Association 2001
-Diploma in Minimal Access Surgery, World Association Laparoscopic Surgeons 2008
-Board Recertification in Surgery, Turkish Surgical Association, 2016
-General Surgeon specialized in laparoscopic surgery; a dynamic person, receptive to innovations with a heightened sense of responsibility towards his patients.
-Capable of performing all closed surgeries involving the abdomen with past experience of more than 2000 laparoscopic operations, 24 years of experience in general surgery and 9 years of experience in obesity surgery.
-Works at a fully-equipped Class A hospital and provides healthcare services meeting international medical standards with a multidisciplinary team work approach in accordance with scientific and ethical principles.
-Medicalpark Hospital, Antalya, Turkey. Associate Professor of Surgery
-Gaziantep University, Gaziantep, Turkey. Assistant professor of Surgery
Fellow Lecturer at the Department of General Surgery, 2006-2010.
-Konukoglu Hospital, Gaziantep, Turkey. General Surgeon 2005-2006
-State Hospital, Gaziantep, Turkey. General Surgeon 2001-2005
Ankara Numune Research and Training Hospital, General Surgery Assistant 1996-2000
Baskent University Ankara Hospital, General Surgery Assistant, 1993-1995
Hacettepe University, Medical Faculty, Ankara, Turkey (1985-1992)
(in the top 1‰ at the National University Admission Exam)
Second Undergraduate Education
Anadolu University, School of Economics, Department of Public Administration 2004–2008
Participation in Scientific-Professional Courses
Memberships of Scientific Organizations
-Turkish Obesity Surgery Society, since 2015
-Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Society, since 2015
-World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons, since 2008
-National Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgery Society, since 2007
-Turkish Surgical Competency Board, since 2002
-Turkish Surgical Association, since 2000
Citations in Articles Published in International Scientific Journals
48 citations in journals included in the SCI and SCI-EXP, H Index:4
Articles Published in International Indexed Journals
1. Eras N, Nayir E, Arican A, Bahar L, Guler M, Akbas E. TS 1494del6 polymorphism and increased risk of developing breast cancer. J Clin Exp Med. 2016;9(6):11756-11763
2. Behçet A, Kılıç H, Zengin S, Guler M,Taysi S,Yıldırım C, Sarı I. Efficiency of Ankaferd Blood Stopper Used in Bleeding Control on Intraabdominal Adhesions Formed Postoperatively. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2013 2;20(5):524-529.
3. Guler M, Yamak B. Spontaneous splenic rupture immediately after coronary bypass grafting. Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;18(2):156-157.
4. Guler M, Yamak B, Erdogan M, Aydin U, Kul S, Asil R, Kisacikoglu B. Risk factors for gastrointestinal complications in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2011 Aug;25(4):637-641.
5. Guler M, Maralcan G, Kul S, Baskonus I, Yılmaz M. The efficacy of Ankaferd Blood Stopper for the management of bleeding following total thyroidectomy. J Invest Surg 2011;24(5):205-210.
6. Guler M, Kologlu M, Kama NA, Renda N, Gozalan U, Yuksek YN, Daglar G. Effect of topically applied charged particles on healing of colonic anastomoses. Arch Surg 2002 Jul;137(7):813-817 (JAMA Surgery since 2013)
7. Öksüzoğlu B, Er Ö, Guler M, Doğanay M, Esen M, Kama NA. Disseminated high-grade malignant lymphoma involving both breast. The Breast 2002;11:454–456.
8. Kama NA, Reis E, Atli MY, Doganay M, Guler M, Kologlu M, Dolapci M. Factors affecting recurrence in tension-free hernioplasties. Hernia 2000; 4:17–20